Is Breast Reduction Surgery Right for Me?
- Posted on: Mar 30 2017
There are several medical problems, physical discomforts and self-image issues that can be caused by unusually large breasts. Overly large breasts can interfere with your ability to lead an active life, which is why many women choose to undergo breast reduction surgery (mammoplasty.) If you experience any of the following symptoms, a breast reduction can bring significant relief.
- Neck, back and shoulder pain
- Breasts that are disproportionate to your body size
- Indentations or scars on your shoulder caused by bra straps
- Poor posture
- Feelings of self-consciousness which impede your desire to participate in certain physical activities
- Breasts that droop down considerably
- A rash underneath your breasts
- Difficulty sleeping caused by discomfort
Women who are considering a breast reduction should be non-smokers over age 18 (when breasts are fully developed who are in good physical health with realistic expectations. Once you’ve undergone breast reduction surgery your breasts will be in proportion to your body size, which will alleviate the uncomfortable symptoms from which you’ve been suffering. This procedure can also enhance the appearance and shape of your breasts and contribute greatly to the fit and comfort of your clothes.
If you’re considering breast reduction in New York, it’s normal to have many questions. Dr. Aron Kressel, board certified plastic surgeon, is here to help. He would be happy to consult with you about his services and how they may be able to improve our quality of life.
Posted in: Breast Reduction Surgery